Editor’s Note: The following is part 2 of 2 of a live Crowdcast talk on Overcoming Doubt & Self-reliance by Kelli Davis and Lisa Martinez. You can read and watch part 1 by Lisa here. These talks are the last in a 4-week Revival Series on desert fruits presented by our discipleship team. The rest of the talks are found here on the blog and on our YouTube channel starting on April 14, 2021.
One of the Best Tools to Overcoming Doubt is Remembering What God Has Done for Us in the Past
- Stories of God’s providence when working at the community diner.
- The 18 wheeler delivered cases of water right when we needed it
- After the refrigerator broke, a local appliance store delivered a new refrigerator hours after without even knowing we needed one
2. The story of how God paid my medical bill ( see Ain’t God Good blog.)
What We Tell Ourselves vs. What is the Truth?
|I recognized the lies I was believing||He showed me the Truth|
|I admitted I was wrong||He gave me His Mercy|
|I asked for help||He sent angels and saints to be with me|
|I surrendered everything||He provided|
|I let go of the past||He reminded me of my future|
|I finally decided to trust Him completely||I can’t even express the multiple ways He has proven his presence|
5 Steps to Help the Restoration Process & Keep Us Living in the Truth
- Pray: Come Holy Spirit & ask the Holy Spirit to show you the truth about your life/situation.
- Privately ask for the Lord to forgive you for your sins and wash you clean with His Precious Blood.
- Be quiet and listen to what He tells you.
- Go to Confession.
- Speak the Truth: Read the Word out loud over your life.
Also, read Kelli’s blog on “Ain’t God Good.”